The warranties herein form part of the TERMS OF SALE. The general conditions of Warranty and the general conditions for claims are also contained in the contract.
1. GOODS SUPPLIED BY THE COMPANY
The Company will provide a claim form for the Customer to claim against warranty defects and faults in the Goods or parts or accessories supplied and against premature deterioration.
Warranty on the Goods shall be the warranty of the original manufacturer or for a minimum period of twelve (12) months and subject to:
(a) the Goods are used according to the design for use specifications provided by the original manufacturer or the Company.
(b) the Goods have been sold by the Company and not by any third party to the Customer.
the Goods and parts have not been adjusted or altered or mixed with any other parts or goods not approved by the Company or have been interfered with in any way.
Where the parts or Goods have been repaired or replaced the warranty is only for the remaining period of the original warranty
2. NO WARRANTY PROVIDED
The parties agree that no warranty shall apply to the Goods where:
the Goods have not been paid in full and according to the terms of payment.
the Goods are outside of the warranty period.
the Goods have not been sold by the Company.
3. CONDITIONS MAKING WARRANTY VOID
The parties agree that the warranty will become void where:
the defect or failure is due to or resulting from damage of misuse or use contrary to the printed instructions of the Company for INSTRUCTIONS OF CARE while the possession of the Customer.
(b) the defect or failure is due to persons using the Goods without instruction.
(c) the defect or failure is due to the Goods not being used for the purpose for which they were specified.
(d)the defect or failure is caused by the Customer or a third party on behalf of the Customer attempting integration or interfacing of
the Goods with other goods.
(e) The Customer or any third party altering the Goods in any way different to the condition in which they were supplied or installed.
(f) the defect or failure is due to environmental conditions of the Customer’s site causing deterioration.
(g) the defect or failure is due to the Customer or persons not approved by the Company repairing the Goods.
4. INSTRUCTIONS OF CARE
In order to maintain the warranty on the Goods the Customer is recommended to follow Instructions of Care and to inform any third party purchaser of the same information.
Instructions of care
- Only use the correct Operating Manuals
- Operate within the rated capacity
- Ensure correct voltage
- Ensure regular maintenance according to the manual
- Keep a log of maintenance during the warranty period
- Treadmills need to be connected to dedicated circuits
- Do not expose to excessive impact
- Do not place heavy loads on the Goods
- Do not expose to excessive movement or continual relocation Goods contain sensitive parts
- Do not expose to excessive vibration or heat
- Do not expose the goods to water or excessive moisture
- Do not operate in a reversing fashion
- Do not operate when a defect or fault occurs